Monday, March 30, 2015

Week 91 - He Is Risen


Happy Easter, everyone!
    I know it's not technically Easter yet, but since I don't get to talk to you every day, that's the best I can do.  I hope you're all excited for this wonderful week and holiday!  What a great time to not only remember the Savior, but share His love with those around us as well.  Speaking of, you should definitely check out #Because He Lives if you haven't yet. 
    To make it even better, we have the chance to hear from special witnesses of Jesus Christ this weekend in General Conference!  I love conference so much, and I want to invite all of us to go and listen with a question/questions in mind.  I know the Lord speaks through His prophets today, and I know He'll speak directly to us if we'll listen for what He has for us.
    It's been another great week here in the Canada Calgary Mission.  We had a great lesson with Jason and Brenda this week, where we talked a lot about our agency and the importance of committing ourselves to living the gospel.  They really opened up towards the end of our time there, and Jason especially expressed his desire to do better than he has in the past.  They haven't had a ton of support in living the gospel in the past, and we're hoping to change that with the help of the ward.
    Sadly, our other lessons this week fell through, but we're looking forward to a great and busy week this week!  With Easter and the #BecauseHeLives initiative, we've been sharing a dinner message with members that I'd like to share with you, too.  In 1 Corinthians 15:20-22 it says,
      "But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive."
    Because we're in a fallen state, we will all die one day.  Because we all sin, we all suffer spiritual death, or separation from God, as well.  I know that Jesus Christ is the only way that those deaths are overcome.  He conquered them for us, and now we just have to follow him to the ultimate victory.  I'm so grateful for Him, and I can't wait to return to the presence of my Heavenly Father through my Savior, Jesus Christ.  
    Thanks for the emails and everything you all do for me.  Have a great week!  Be good!  Have fun! 
(Watch Conference!)
Love,
Elder Hafen

No comments:

Post a Comment