Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Week 92 - #LDSconf

Hello all!
   Another week has come and gone, and another transfer has, too.  Believe it or not, I've been here in Medicine Hat for my customary three transfers, and I'm off to a new area once more.  I'll be staying in the southern part of the mission, and will probably either end up in Lethbridge, Cardston, or British Columbia.  We'll find out for sure on Thursday, and I'll probably be off to my last area for this last stretch of my mission.
    I've loved it here in Medicine Hat, and it will be hard to say good bye to the wonderful people I've gotten to know here.  It really is a great place with lots of really good people.  My time here has gone by way too fast.  It's been a good week, and we got the opportunity to meet with Eva again, which is always fun.  We had a good lesson on the Plan of Salvation, and as she shared some experiences with us, it was cool to see how God has had His plan for her specifically within His grand Plan of Happiness for all of us.  Some of our other lessons fell through, but in our attempts to try to contact the part member families in our ward, we actually got to go and see one!  Marie, who is a less active member, and Bob O. are super nice people.  They were more than happy to have us over, and we shared #BecauseHeLives with them.  They really liked it, and we had a nice conversation with them.  However, Marie wasn't terribly interested in coming back to church, which is a bummer, but alas.
    I hope you all enjoyed General Conference.  The first weekends of April and October are especially exciting as a missionary, but I hope you all got a lot of out it too!  I loved so many of the talks, but I especially loved President Uchtdorf's talk in the Sunday morning session entitled, "The Gift of Grace".  I don't have too much more time, but I'd like to share a bit of it with you. "'for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do.' However, I wonder if sometimes we misinterpret the phrase “after all we can do.” We must understand that “after” does not equal “because.”  I hope we can all remember that, though we can bring about much righteousness in our lives, we cannot save ourselves.  We can never do enough of ourselves.  Jesus Christ is the only name whereby we can return to our Heavenly Father, and I just hope we all learn to love Him and serve Him and believe in Him as much as we can in gratitude for His sacrifice that made that salvation possible.  I love Him so much, and I'm so grateful for His perfect love for each one of us.
    Have a wonderful week, and I'll be sure to let you know where I end up!  Thanks for all of your love and emails and support.  You're the best!  Be good!  Have fun!

Love,
Elder Hafen

No comments:

Post a Comment