Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Week 89 - Sunny Medicine Hat

Hey All!
    Well there's not too much to update you on this week.  I first want to give a welcome home to Elder Brad Hauck.  Thanks for your example, man, and way to return with honor.  
   It's been another great week in Medicine Hat.  Jackets were a rarity this week with some beautiful, sunny, springesque days.  Tracting when it's nice outside is pretty glorious, and a nice change.  Sadly, despite some good time put in knocking on lots of doors, we didn't find any new friends to teach and invite to baptism.  A lot of our other appointments fell through this week, which is pretty typical in missionary life.  However, we did finally get in to see this less-active couple we've been stopping by since I got here, and had a nice lesson with them.  They have a goal to get to the temple and be sealed.  I really hope we can keep meeting with them and help them get there.
    We also had the chance to have a zone meeting on charity this week, which was a big learning opportunity for me.  In preparing for it, I read a really cool statement in Preach My Gospel chapter 6 on charity. "When you are filled with charity, you obey God’s commandments and do all you can to serve others and help them receive the restored gospel." ( I highly recommend studying that section, by the way.)  To me, having charity sounds like a pretty big problem solver.  When we have charity, we're going to do the things we're supposed to do and we'll be a blessing to those around us.  Obedience plus service equals happiness in my books.  Don't get me wrong, it's a quest to develop the kind of unconditional and perfect love our Father in Heaven and Christ possess, but I know that it's worth the effort.  Pray for help.  Serve others.  Try to understand them.  It's worth it to love like God loves and see others as He sees them.
    I hope you all have a beautiful week.  Never forget you have a Father in Heaven who loves you more than you could know.  Be good!  Have fun!

Love,
Elder Hafen

No comments:

Post a Comment