Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Week 83 - Saskatchewan Bound‏

Hello All!
    First off, congratulations to my good friend, Amy Hauck, soon to be Hermana Hauck in Mexico!  You're gonna be awesome, Amy! 
    It's been a fun week.  Elder Alpentista and I have been pounding the pavement and knocking on lot of doors trying to find some people to teach, and I'm sure we will one of these days!  We haven't had much luck yet, but we have met some pretty promising potential investigators, and I'm really hopeful they'll want to learn more.  We even got the chance to go out to Saskatchewan with some of the elders in the zone who cover a little town out there called Maple Creek.  It was a lot of fun, actually, and the few people we met were really really nice.
    Since we don't really have any investigators right now, there's not too much to report on teaching this week, though we did have a great lesson with Kate.  She was wondering about being able to say that we "know" that we have a Heavenly Father who loves us more than we can know.  That's something I've been blessed to have learned a lot about on my mission, so it was pretty easy to share my testimony with her that we really do have a loving Heavenly Father.
    As we were teaching Kate, a scripture in Moses came to my mind.  In it, God appears to Enoch and shows him a vision.  In the course of it, Enoch sees the Lord weeping, and he asks,"how is it thou canst weep?"  The Lord replies and says, "Behold these thy brethren; they are the workmanship of mine own hands, and I gave unto them their knowledge, in the day I created them; and in the Garden of Eden, gave I unto man his agency;
And unto thy brethren have I said, and also given commandment, that they should love one another, and that they should choose me, their Father; but behold, they are without affection, and they hate their own blood;"
 
 I realize how true that's been for me, and I wonder how much God has wept over me.  However, with as much as our sin makes Heavenly Father sorrow, I wonder too how much our loving one another and our repentance makes Him rejoice.  He's so patient with us in our mistakes, and He does everything He can to help us move past them.  I know that that's true, and I hope I can better use everything He's given me to do that, especially the Atonement of His Son.
    I hope you all have a fantastic week!  Please let me know if there's anything I can do for any of you, since you've done so much for me.  Be good!  Have fun!

Love ya!
Elder Hafen

No comments:

Post a Comment