Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Week 82 - Grace

Hello All!
    It's been a busy, good, kinda stressful week in the great CCM!  We've had a lot going on, and time keeps flying by.  I hope you've all had a great week with lots of fun things going on!
    On Tuesday of this week, we had a zone conference, which was a lot of fun.  To be honest, I was super stressed about it, but it turned out great.  We also had a meeting with the Ward Mission Leaders in the stake which was good.  We've also gotten some good personal finding in (aka Tracting) and found a couple of promising potential investigators from that and some of our awesome members.  I think things are starting to pick up a bit! 
    Diana continues to do well!  We met with her a couple times this week, and taught her about the Plan of Salvation.  When we talked about the reasons we're here and the reasons for the Fall of Adam and Eve, I think a lot of questions were answered for Diana.  It's so great to see knowledge and the Spirit change people's attitudes.  She was at church again on Sunday, and I can't wait to see her progress in the next few weeks.
    We also met with Kate and her roommate, Mikaela, and were able to answer some questions they had.  I think they're going through a bit of a  rough patch right now with all sorts of different things going on in their lives and their family lives.  I hope we'll be able to help them.
    I just wanted to share a little bit about grace this week.  Grace is the help or strength given through the Atonement of the Lord Jesus Christ. (lds.org) Like I said, I was pretty stressed out for zone conference.  In the eternal scheme of things, I know that that's not a very important life event, but there were a bunch of things that added up to make it a bit of a stressful morning.  However, I knew that I had things I needed to do, things that were part of the calling I've received from the Lord.  I asked Elder Alpentista to give me a blessing just before the conference started.  Then, as it went on, and as I felt the Spirit and learned from him, I started to feel better and better.  The conference went really well, and I was so grateful for the help of my Heavenly Father in making that happen.  All of us are asked to do a lot of things by our Father in Heaven.  Sometimes, it seems impossible to do them all.  I testify that if we'll trust in Him, then He'll make it so we are able to do them.  If we didn't rely on Him, we wouldn't be able to do it, but the Atonement of Jesus Christ makes all of it possible.  
    I hope  you all have a fantastic week and have opportunities to feel the power of the Atonement in your lives.  Thank you all for your love and your support.  Good luck with everything!  Be good!  Have fun!
Love,
Elder Hafen

1 comment:

  1. Hope things work out with kate and her roommate and always look back on what would Jesus do in situations that always helps me. Loved reading this and glad to know that people love to here the gospel :)

    ReplyDelete