Monday, January 5, 2015

Week 79 - Happy Yoo Near!

Hello All!

    I hope you all had a great New Year's Eve, and that 2015 is treating you well so far!  It's crazy to think that another year has passed, and that time just keeps getting faster and faster.
    We had a pretty exciting New Year's surprise.  Ready?.....We're starting Facebook proselyting!  Yeah, I was pretty surprised too.  So, from now on, you'll be seeing me on Facebook again. (Unless you're not my Facebook friend, in which case, you should definitely send me a friend request.)  However, I won't be on Facebook as a quote on quote normal person.  I'll be on there as a missionary, striving to fulfill my purpose to "Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end."  So if you want to keep in touch with me a little more personally, please send me an email at tanner.hafen@myldsmail.net.  If you want to talk the gospel, though, Facebook message me by all means!  It's gonna be awesome!
    We were pretty busy with some administrative stuff this week, but we did have a really awesome lesson with some members of our YSA Branch.  They had some questions and concerns, and it was great to be able to talk with them and relate with them.  I think it was an edifying experience for all of us.
    I've been gaining a lot of new knowledge and insights on the gospel lately, and it's been a really cool experience to listen to the whisperings of the Spirit teaching me things I've needed to learn.  Something that has been especially emphasized to me is the fact that each and every one of us really are eternal beings with divine potential.  We are literal spiritual children of God!  He wants us to become like Him!  However, it's up to us if that happens.  That's why we're here as strangers in this wicked world.  That's why we're here for only a short time as well, as it says in
Alma 42:8 "Now behold, it was not expedient that man should be reclaimed from this temporal death, for that would destroy the great plan of happiness." 
That scripture really helped me to realize a little bit more just how important our time is here.  We knew what we were getting ourselves into when we came here, and we knew it would be a huge trial of faith, but isn't it such a strong testimony to how worth it we knew it would be that we chose to come anyway? (I hope that made sense.)  I hope we all make the most of the time we've been given here and in every calling and situation the Lord puts us in.
    I love you all so much.  I hope you have a fantastic week.  Thank you so much for your examples and love and prayers.  Be good!  Have fun!

Love ya!
Elder Hafen

No comments:

Post a Comment