Monday, January 19, 2015

Week 81 - Happy MLK Day

Hello All!
    First, sorry if I'm pretty brief today.  We've got lots going on today, so we're pretty rushed with everything we're doing, including emails.  I hope you're all having great days, though, and appreciating a great man who did a lot of good in helping us all realize that we really are children of God, whether or not we look the same.
   It's been a great transfer week!  You might have seen it on my Facebook already, but my new companion is Elder Joshua Alpentista.  He's from Oshawa, Ontario (another Canadian) and is pretty awesome.  I've actually wanted to serve with Elder Alpentista for a while now, so this is pretty much a dream come true.  He's a super hard-working, obedient, and just really nice missionary, and the last couple of days serving with him have been great.  I'm looking forward to the rest of the time we have left, however long it may be.
    Not too much has happened lesson-wise in the last week or so.  It's been pretty crazy with everything going on, but we're looking forward to some awesome things the Lord has in store for us.  I don't know what they are yet, but I know they're going to be fantastic!
    One person I did want to tell you all about is Diana.  Diana is a member in our YSA Branch who is just starting to come back to church.  She's from Africa, and has experienced some things that no one should have to go through.  After her family came here when she was a young woman, they met the missionaries and joined the church, but she fell away in the meantime due to a bunch of different things.  However, she wants change in her life, and she's lucky enough to know where to find it.  Meeting with Diana has really helped me see that the gospel really does help individual people in personal ways.
    That's all I really want to share this week and all I really want to bear testimony of.  The gospel is either the only real way to live our lives, or a bunch of nice ideas for living a "good" life. (And some people would even debate that.)  I want you all to know that it is true.  Not only is it true, but it's the best and most important thing we could possibly have in our lives!  Just like all great things, we discover the greatness and the goodness of the gospel through doing the small things.  Every day.  Over and over.  As we consistently and diligently build our lives on the principles and commandments of Jesus Christ's gospel, it will turn us into something amazing, and something we could never be without it.  I know that's true with all my heart. 
    I hope you're all doing well and receiving all sorts of great blessings!  I love you all so much.  Be good!  Have fun!

Love,
Elder Hafen

No comments:

Post a Comment