Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Week 85 - I Love to See the Temple

Hello All!
    First things first- Congratulations to two of the greatest people and greatest friends I know! Nate and Malory Myers are truly going to be a legendary, righteous, kind, loving, and fun team for the rest of eternity. I'm so happy for both of you!
    It's been a great week here in the great CCM. Wednesday brought us the opportunity to drive a couple of hours to beautiful Cardston to spend some time in the house of the Lord. I hadn't been to the Cardston temple since November of 2013, so it was definitely a treat to be there. We even drove through Raymond on the way there, which was a little strange, to be honest. I say it every time I go, but I love the temple so much, and there's truly nothing like the feeling of being there. If you have the opportunity to go and serve there, or even just be there, please go. You won't regret it.
   To make up for the time we'd be at the temple with Elder Engstrom - the other missionary we went with - we spent most of our last P-Day out doing some good work. It was actually a pretty cool day to be out knocking doors, since Medicine Hat was visited by some beautiful freezing rain. People thought we were crazy, but I honestly had a great time.
    We got the chance to meet up with Kate again this week, and answered some questions she had. She's doing well, and I think deepening her conversion and testimony enough to be a really positive example to some of her family members who aren't supportive of her in the church at all.
    We did set up a return appointment on Monday with somebody, though that fell through. We're also hoping to start teaching one of Kate's friends a little bit on Facebook. Otherwise, we'll meet with Willy, who Elder Alpentista found while on exchanges, tomorrow, and I'm sure the Lord will lead us to more and more of the people He's prepared for us as we keep showing Him our love for Him.
    I think I've talked about this passage of the Book of Mormon before, but I read it again this week, and it means a lot to me every time. In Mosiah 23 and 24, it talks about Alma and his people who fled from the wicked King Noah only to be enslaved by the Lamanites and had great burdens placed upon them. The reason that it only talks about these people for two chapters, though, is because they only had to deal with those burdens for those two chapters. Why? Because the Lord delivered them. Why did He deliver them? Because they,“they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord.” (Mosiah 24:15) We all have burdens placed upon us for a variety of reasons. The important thing, though, is what we do with those burdens. I testify that if we'll follow the example of the people of Alma, God will not only deliver us from our burdens, but he will refine and purify us and deliver us from the burden of our imperfections, and bring us to a “far better land of promise.”
   I hope you all have a fantastic week. Thank you so much for your love and support and emails and letters. You're all great, and I'm so lucky to have you in my life.

Be good! Have fun!
Love ya!
Elder Hafen

No comments:

Post a Comment