Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Week 86 - Walk The Walk

Hello All!
    Another transfer has again come and gone.  It's transfer week again, and though I'm pretty positive I'll be staying another six weeks in Medicine Hat, it will be sad to see some good missionaries leave this zone.  Some of them will be going home after serving honorably, and I've been really grateful for the time I've had to serve with them.  But alas, time moves on.
    It's been a fun and eventful week!  I'll go through some of the highlights for you:
    On Tuesday, Elder Alpentista and I were out pounding the pavement again, trying to find the elect, and we knocked on Michelle's door.  Michelle is a single, middle-aged lady who is a pretty recent convert to Christianity.  When she opened the door and started to talk with us, I was actually a little unnerved and caught off guard by how nice and interested she was in what we had to say.  She knew a little bit about the church, but not too much, and had never been, though she has been looking around for a church to attend.  Elder Alpentista went back and taught her on Friday while we were on exchanges, and she had tons of questions!  It also turns out she hasn't been baptized at all.  We hope we'll be able to see that change! :)
    While we were on exchanges, it was discovered that the elder I was with probably has mono.  I may be infected.  Please pray for me. ;)
    Our car was also put out of commission on Friday, as it needs some repairs before transfer day.  That's given us the opportunity to do some good solid walking, and it's been awesome! (grit my teeth)  Let's just say that I'm pretty darn out of shape.  Since we live out of our area, and since we basically cover the whole city with the YSA, we've spent a lot of time walking, and it's made me appreciate the wonderful tools Heavenly Father has provided to build up His kingdom.  I'm looking forward to having the tool of a car back soon, and I'll try to make good use of it.
    I also got the chance to teach Sunday School in the YSA Branch this week, which was a lot of fun!  The lesson was on Matthew chapter 5, the beginning of the Sermon on the Mount.  The part that is especially interesting to me is the when Jesus teaches his disciples what is really expected of them, as opposed to what they've been taught in the Law of Moses.  One that I really need to work on personally is found in verses 21 and 22: "Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:  But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire."  (In the Book of Mormon and the Joseph Smith translation, "without a cause" is omitted.)  I've been learning a lot lately about the importance of having pure, unconditional, Christlike love for people, and I think anger is one of my biggest stumbling blocks in that happening.  How could the Spirit possibly fill me with love if I'm driving it away with anger in my heart?  As part of the lesson, I invited everyone to write down one thing they wanted to work on as a result of the lesson, so I determined to serve those whom I could get angry with.  I can't wait to see the difference it makes in my attitude and the way I treat others.
    Thank you all so much for your love and support!  Have a great day, and a great week.  Be good!  Have fun!

Love ya!
Elder Hafen

No comments:

Post a Comment