Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Week 68 - Transfer Day

Hello All!
     First off, Happy Birthday (tomorrow) to the best big brother there is! 

Conner will be turning 23 tomorrow, and I would appreciate it if you plastered his Facebook/real life with birthday wishes. :)  
 
It's been a good week with lots of changes.  On Thursday, Elder Mac Duff headed off to the Calgary Stake, and Elder Rigtrup became my new companion. 
He's from...the US.  That's about the best I can do, since his dad is in the Air Force.  He came out from California, but his family is living in Virginia now.  Anyway, he's awesome.  I got to serve around him for a little bit in my last area, and we're getting along great and having lots of fun already.  I'm excited for this transfer!
    We did a lot of service this week, which is always a great opportunity to soften people's hearts!  We were especially lucky to be involved in building a playground in our area.  Coolest service project ever!  We were also able to help some other people do some moving, and we hope they'll soon give us the chance to teach them about the gospel.
    We also had a really cool experience on Thursday night after transfers.  We went to deliver a Book of Mormon to someone at about 7:15, and we hadn't really had luck getting in touch with him, so it was great that he answered, and then we had until about 8 o'clock to do something.  We decided to start tracting near there.  We knocked on the first door, and got no answer.  Then we knocked on the second door, and met Cole!  Cole is a 20-something guy who invited us right in and we taught him about the Restoration.  He's a very Christian person, though he's not involved in any church right now.  He has been, but he doesn't really like the idea of organized religions.  He said he would read and pray about the Book of Mormon though, so we're hopeful that will change his mind about one church in particular.  He came out to our ward's Family Home Evening activity last night, and seemed to have a good time.  We're going to go see him tonight, and are hopeful about his progress.
    I want to share with you one of my favorite scriptures this week.  I think I may have shared it already, but it means a lot to me, and I think it teaches something we always need to remember.  It's found in Alma 38:14, and says,"Do not say: O God, I thank thee that we are better than our brethren; but rather say: O Lord, forgive my unworthiness....yea, acknowledge your unworthiness before God at all times."  The Savior has commanded us to be perfect, and we're not.  At least I know I'm not, though I know some people who are pretty close.  Even when we're doing really well, we're still not quite there, and we need to remember that.  Only through Jesus Christ can we be made perfect.  He wants to help us through our weaknesses and unworthiness, we just have to let Him.  We need to acknowledge that they're there, because,"if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." (Ether 12:27)  We can be strong with His help.
    Thank you all so much for your good examples and your love.  I'm so grateful for all of you!  Be good!  Have fun!
 
Love you!
Elder Hafen

No comments:

Post a Comment