Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Week 67 - Happy Thanksgiving! (The Canadian Variety)‏

Hello All!
     I hope you're all doing wonderfully!  We had Thanksgiving up here yesterday, and I'm so grateful to have all of you as family and friends.  We went out to a town called Strathmore for Thanksgiving dinner, and it made me think of the great Thanksgivings I've had in my life.  We all have so much to be grateful for, and I know I forget that sometimes.  Thank you all for everything you've done for me; I've learned that one of the best ways our Heavenly Father blesses us is through other people, and I've had a lot of those in my life.  Thank you.
    It's been a good week, and transfers are upon us again!  I'll be staying here, which I'm grateful for, but will be losing Elder Mac Duff to some other zone in Calgary.  It's always tough losing a companion and getting a new one, but I'm excited to see what the Lord has in store.  I know He knows what he's doing.
    On Saturday, we got to be a part of Jhannsley's baptism. (I was spelling it wrong the whole time.  My bad.)  It was a great service, and his father baptized him and confirmed him in sacrament meeting the next day.  Children are so humble and sincere, and I want to be more like Jhannsely in my own life!  He's a great kid.
    We honestly didn't have too much else going on this week.  With Jhannsely's baptism, we really don't have anyone else that's on the verge of being baptized.  We do have some investigators and others who we believe are close, but we just need to go out this week, work hard, and trust in the Lord to provide.  There's no doubt in my mind that there are people out there just waiting to receive us and what we have to share.  We just need to find them!
    There's not too much else to say, but I did want to share a scripture with you.  I finished the Book of Mormon last week, and it was awesome!  I love that book so much, and I know it was written for you and me and all of us.  I don't remember exactly how I came across this scripture, but I know it's one I've read before.  However, it seemed to have a much bigger impact on me lately.  It's in 2 Nephi chapter 26, verse 24.  Talking about the Lord, it says,"He doeth not anything‍ save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth‍ the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw all‍ men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation."  To me, that's a comforting piece of information.  There are plenty of times where I've wondered why I'm being required to pass through a trial, or how I'm supposed to learn anything from a specific person/event/thing.  However, I know that the Lord makes sure His plan for us works out the best way possible.  Every moment of our lives is an opportunity to grow and shape ourselves into the person we have the potential to be.  I know that I need to remember that, and try to do everything I do because of my love for my Lord and my God.
    I hope you all have a fantastic week!  You're all great, and I'm grateful for you.  Be good!  Have fun!
 
Love you!
Elder Hafen

No comments:

Post a Comment