Monday, September 2, 2013

Week 9 - Ping Pong Champion

Hello All! 

    I hope you've all had a great week and are having/had a great Labor Day!  It's been a pretty great one here in Raymond, Alberta!  We got to go to the temple, my golf score went way down, and I beat Elder Musselman in Ping Pong!  Pretty great stuff! ;) (Don't worry, we still do missionary work here.)
    After I emailed last week, we drove down to Cardston and went to an endowment session at the temple with a bunch of other missionaries from our zone and Lethbridge.  I've wanted to go to the temple so bad since I got out here, and it was really an amazing experience.  The new endowment film made it even better and I can't wait to go back!  If you have the time and opportunity to go to the temple, I highly recommend it. ;) 
    We also went golfing in Cardston with some other missionaries-we get free golf at some of the courses around here, and there's not too terribly much to do, so we golf a lot- and had a great time with that.  P-Days are good things.
    Now to more important things!  The work is moving along nicely here.  School starts tomorrow, so people will actually be home now and we'll really be able to start working with them!  Huzzah!  We'll also be able to start going to seminary and work a lot with the seminary teachers, who are awesome!  Yes, they have seminary during school up here, AND, get this, they get credit for it!  Ridiculous, I know, but also pretty great. ;)
    Megan, Kaylin, and Ethan are still making good progress!  They're working on getting to church every week and we hope they can start getting some good friends and support in their ward.  I really think they all have a desire to be baptized, and we're just praying and hoping for a miracle.  Their dad has some pretty hard feelings for the church, but if his heart can be softened and if he can see that this is something that they want for themselves, I think that he'd let them be baptized.  We'll see. :)
    Jonathan is also progressing really well!  We had a lesson with him last night on the Gospel of Jesus Christ and invited him to be baptized on the 21st of this month.  It was a really great lesson, and I hope he'll find out for himself that this is what he's supposed to do.  He said he would have to think about it, and we really encouraged him to study the scriptures, go to church, and pray so that he will receive an answer.  This experience has been really great for his friend, Taz, as well.  He's been less-active for a long time, but he bore his testimony in the lesson, and I think he's really realizing the difference the Gospel makes in his life.
    I finished the Book of Mormon this week, and I want to bear my testimony of it.  It is true.  I had only finished the Book of Mormon once before my mission, and I had a testimony of it, but now it is so much stronger, and that is because I acted on Moroni's exhortation to all of us.  I testify to you that if you read the Book of Mormon and pray with sincere heart, really really wanting to know for yourself if it's true; real intent, meaning you are going to change anything about your life that you need to once you find out it is true; and faith that through Christ, you can and will receive an answer, you will, even if you have to pray like Enos, you will.  I did, and it is true.
    You're all wonderful!  I love you all, and I hope you're doing well and being righteous. ;)  It really helps with every part of your life!  Be good.  Have a great week!

Love,
        Elder Hafen

No comments:

Post a Comment