Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Week 8 - Canadian Television Star

Hello All!
So yes, I'm famous.  As you all probably watch TSN/ Canadian ESPN all the time, you'll know that they filmed Sports Centre here in Raymond this week, and I was all over it! ;)  haha, they were here as part of a tour they're doing with Kraft, and it was a really great time.  We had a bunch of missionaries from our zone and Lethbridge here to volunteer, and we all had a lot of fun, and got quite sun-burnt.  It was worth it!
    Other than that day, things were pretty much as they always are up here in Southern Alberta.  Summer is winding down-only a week before school starts up again- so people are trying to get they're last minute holidaying in.  It'll be great when school starts and people can't avoid us as easily. ;) 
 
  Things are going pretty well with our investigators.  I don't think we'll be seeing much of Ben anymore, though.  He's been pretty actively avoiding us, but I still have hope for him.  He's so close!  We had a great lesson with Megan and Kaylin this week on the Plan of Salvation, and they made it to church this week!  Not so good, their dad, who is a member, but is rather-very anti, has forbidden them from being baptized while they live in his house.  Needless to say, this is a bit of an obstacle.  It's alright, though, something that I've learned from this situation is that you don't give up on people, especially in situations like this!  I've already seen the difference the gospel has made in the lives of these girls-and their little brother, Ethan, who we've also been teaching- and I know that it can help them so much more, especially since they have to wait a little longer now to enter the waters of baptism.  It'll happen, though.  I have faith that it will.
    We also had another lesson with our new investigator, Jonathan.  We also taught him the Plan of Salvation and had a recent convert there who is one of his good friends.  She's only been a member for about two months, but she's amazing.  It was wonderful to hear her story, and I hope that she'll be a great strength and support to her friend as he takes this journey.  
    In church this week, we had the opportunity to perform our musical number again.  It was great to be able to have the opportunity to do that and have people around who I can perform with and we can all help each other magnify the talents we've been given. (For your entertainment- I was Elder Huffman in one of the wards' program.)
    For my weekly spiritual thought ;) I thought I'd talk about forgiveness.  I'm almost done with the Book of Mormon, and was reading in Moroni 6 the other day.  It talks about the church among the Nephites, which was basically identical to ours, and how they received people into the church and made sure they were "remembered and nourished by the good word of God," which is wonderful!  We need to make sure we're nourishing one another.  It also talks about what happens when members of the church sinned,"and repented not, and confessed not," that "their names were blotted out, and they were not numbered among the people of Christ."  Sometimes, I think we leave it at that.  Just go to the next verse, though.  I won't even type it.  Just look up Moroni 6:8.  I'll leave it at that.
    I love you all so much!  Have a wonderful September! (Geez, it's already September!)  Good luck to my talented friends auditioning for Peter Pan, and make sure you treat Sir good!  Cross your fingers that Ben Affleck will be a good Batman! ;)  Be good!

Love,
        Elder Hafen

No comments:

Post a Comment