Monday, August 19, 2013

Week 7 - The Barefoot Canyon

Things are starting to happen in Raymond, brothers and sisters!  This week wasn't a huge one for teaching lessons, but it's coming!  

    I'll start from the beginning, though.  We had Zone P-Day on Monday this week, which was great!  We had the opportunity to go to Waterton National Park, which is gorgeous.  If you've never heard about it, which is very likely, look it up!  Anyway, we went there and hiked what's called Red Rock Canyon.  It actually reminded me a lot of the slot canyons back in Southern Utah, and we had a great time.  I wasn't exactly prepared for it, though, and didn't have the right shoes for the hike, so I did it barefoot!  Good times... good times. :)
    We taught Megan and Kalynn again, and they're coming along wonderfully!  Megan made it to church this week, and we found out from their aunt that Kalynn wants to be baptized!  We'll teach them again this week and I can't wait to see how it goes!
    We also picked up a new investigator last night named Jonathan.  His grandma passed away recently, and she always wanted him to be baptized, but he comes from a part-member and less-active family, so that never happened.  We talked for a while and taught him a bit about the Restoration and the Book of Mormon, and committed him to read it.  We also invited him to be baptized once he finds out that it's true, and he said yes...basically! haha  He really seems like a golden investigator and I can't wait to see how everything pans out with him.
    Sadly, we haven't met with Ben again, and I don't know when we'll be able to.  Thinking about meeting with us again and the church just makes him think of his ex, and so he's too sad to. :P  That's why you're not supposed to steady date, kids!  I've still got hope for Ben, though.  He's so close, and I hope we'll be able to see him again soon.
    Elder Musselman and I, along with an awesome member from one of our wards, had the opportunity to perform a musical number in a couple of our wards.  I sang "I Know That My Redeemer Lives," Elder Musselman played his violin, and our member accompanied on the piano.  It was a really great opportunity, and I hope we were able to touch those who heard it!
   
One of the wards we went to also had some really great talks on the scriptures.  They were both quite different, but they made me think about the scriptures a lot: how important they are, how much we should value them, etc.  One compared the scriptures to a letter from home.  That is definitely something I can apply to myself.  Letters from home are amazing things! (hint hint)  But really, think about the comfort you get when you receive a letter from home, telling you how things are, asking you questions, giving you advice.  That's what the scriptures are!  They're one of the most important ways our loving Heavenly Father communicates with us.  That's our Heavenly Father who loves us more than we can imagine, and is perfect, and knows exactly what is best for us.  Think about that next time you read.  Ask yourself what it is Heavenly Father is telling you!  You'll probably learn something.
    I love you all so much!  Have a wonderful week.  Be righteous!

Love,
        Elder Hafen

No comments:

Post a Comment