Monday, September 9, 2013

Week 10 - Soggy Pants

Hello All!

    I hope you've all had a fantastic week and are being your typical, wonderful selves!  It's crazy not to be at home with all the things going on that I've been a part of for so long.  It's alright, though.  Everything is as it's supposed to be!  
    We got some good rain this week, which messes with the harvest a bit, but it was good.  Being missionaries, we also had to ride our bikes in it, hence the subject line.  We got a little wet, and a little muddy, but it was all good; I'm a real missionary now! ;)  I just have to get a door slammed in my face now!
    Totally kidding!  I feel blessed to be in a place where that doesn't happen too often.  Raymond is such a great place, and I know that I was supposed to start my mission here.  The work is coming along really nicely here, too!  We had a really productive week, with a new investigator and our other investigators coming right along!  We actually fasted with Jonathan yesterday to help him know for himself that baptism is for him.  If everything goes perfectly (fingers crossed) he should be getting baptized on the 21st of this month!  Megan, Kaylin, and Ethan all made it to church this week and stayed all three hours!  They're awesome, and I hope that they don't have to wait for years to be baptized.  But if they do, it will be for their experience and growth.
    Elder Musselman and I had the opportunity to speak yesterday, as well.  The topic we were given was the Savior, so I decided to concentrate how we can better honor our covenants by following his example.  I specifically talked about forgiveness and judgment.  I know I've talked about this a little before, but I really think that once we can really start loving our Heavenly Father and others how we're supposed to, people will start clamoring to be members of this church!  The story of the woman taken in adultery is such a wonderful example of this.  We know that this woman was caught in the act of committing one of the most serious sins.  We know that under the Law of Moses, she was condemned to death.  What did the Savior do?  He frankly forgave her and did not condemn her.  He knows her more than anyone could.  He knows her weaknesses.  He knows her sins, transgressions, impure thoughts, unkind actions, everything!  He also know her, and our, literally divine potential.  He knows that no matter what we do, we can choose Him and become like Him.  He told us in the Sermon on the Mount, "Judge not that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you again.  And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?" (I'd also recommend studying the parable of the Ungrateful Servant and look up how much 10,000 talents would be today to gain even more of an appreciation of how much our Savior forgives us of and still loves us.)
    I hope you're all doing wonderfully!  Even if you're going through struggles and trials right now, remember that the Savior "descended below all."  He knows.  No matter how bad you feel or how hard things are, He knows.  Ask Him for His help, and if you get an answer and know you're supposed to do something, do it.  His is a gospel of action.  But always remember that those actions bring blessings!  I love you all so much!  Good luck with all you do!

Love,
        Elder Hafen 

No comments:

Post a Comment