Monday, July 14, 2014

Week 54 - Caesar's Month

Hello All!
    I hope you've all had a fantastic week with lots of successes and beautiful summer weather and such.  I can't believe it's already July, and I'm so grateful for it.  It's given me a really wonderful chance to be out in our Heavenly Father's creation and enjoy the simple pleasures of summer. (Like short sleeved white button-up shirts. ;) )  I've really been blessed to serve in such a beautiful part of the world, and I love it here!  I know pretty much everyone feels the same about where they serve, but it's definitely true.
    It's been a little more eventful this week as far as seeing our investigators goes.  
    We saw Dre on Wednesday, and he's doing great.  We taught him about agency, and the importance of making good choices in our lives, and talked to him a little more seriously about baptism.  It's definitely something he's thought about, he'd just like to see one first.  Hopefully there will be a baptism this Saturday in the YSA ward, so he should get the chance soon!
    We also saw Bruce on Friday, and had a good visit with him.  The member we brought with us, one of our ward missionaries, did a great job of showing Bruce how the gospel does relate to him and his challenges.  He was definitely in a much better place than he's been in previous lessons, and we're hoping this means he's really committed to changing his life for the better. 
    Other than Dre and Bruce, Cindy continues to do well and progress towards her baptism in August.  We've had pretty bad luck with her lessons falling through lately, but she's doing well despite that.  We're also hoping to see Keith again soon, and we hope to see him starting to progress.  
    We also had the great opportunity this week to have interviews with President Nicholas.  It's always a cool thing to be able to visit one on one with your priesthood leaders in a setting like an interview, and I'm especially glad to be able to have President Nicholas as my mission president.  It was a really great experience, and he gave me some needed counsel and encouragement.
    I've been thinking quite a bit lately about the next year and how I can better live up to the potential and privileges that I know we all have in the gospel, and especially when we've been called to serve.  When I really think about it, I realize how much is possible with the Lord's help, and it sometimes makes me feel like I'm definitely living below those possibilities.  It's pretty easy to do that in any aspect of life, but our Heavenly Father doesn't want us constantly getting down on ourselves and becoming discouraged.  I remembered a scripture I found a few months ago that really helps me know what I can do.  It's in the Doctrine and Covenants, section 11, verse 18."Keep my commandments; hold your peace; appeal unto my Spirit;"  That's pretty much it.  All we can do is be obedient, trust in the Lord, and do all we can to receive the revelation our Heavenly Father wants to give us.  Then, we'll be exactly who the Lord wants us to be and accomplish all He has in store for us.  That's pretty comforting knowledge.  
    Thank you all so much for your incredible examples and support.  I am so blessed to have the friends and family that I do, and I hope you receive all the blessings you all deserve!  Have a great week!  Be good!  Have fun!

Love ya!
Elder Hafen

No comments:

Post a Comment