Monday, July 7, 2014

Week 53 - A Nun...Walking a Dog...On Roller Blades‏

Hello All!
    Yes, we actually saw that.  I'm sad to say I don't have photographic evidence, but it happened.  It really happened.  It's been a pretty crazy week overall, to be honest.  
As you probably know, I hit my year mark on Thursday along with three other missionaries in the zone.  We had a really fun zone lunch, and I don't think it's quite hit me that I only have a year left to serve.  It was also Canada Day on Tuesday AND the 4th of July on Friday. ('Murica.)  Lots of sun, lots of heat, lots of investigator lessons falling through.  It has been a good week, though!  Looking back on it right now, I'm kind of surprised I'm not really discouraged.  The Lord is definitely at the head of this work, and I know He's there to support all of us who are trying to move it forward.  
    Since we really didn't meet with any of our investigators this week, there's not too much to update you on.
    Cindy is doing really well, but is having a rough time at the moment.  In order to be baptized, she and her boyfriend need to separate, and that's happening, but until it does fully, she has to be there to see him struggling with some bad habits he has.  She's still planning on being baptized in August, though, and I think she can definitely make it!
    Drey's been out of town a lot of this week, and part of that for camp with the other young men!  He had a great time, despite getting nailed pretty good by some paint balls, and we hope to see him preparing for baptism soon.  
    We didn't see Keith this week, but we're hopeful, still!  We did meet some less-active members this week who we hadn't up to this point, and it's very interesting, and sometimes heart-breaking, to see the different reasons people are not fully active in the church.  I just hope we can help them back into the fold.
    With not too much to write about as far as investigators this week, I wanted to talk a bit about diligence for a minute, something that's been standing out to me lately.  (I'm sure not because I only have a year left. ;) )  I've realized that being diligent is very connected to enduring to the end, and where better to look when you want to learn about enduring to the end than 2 Nephi 31?!  In verses 19 and 20, it says, "And now, my beloved brethren, after ye have gotten into this strait and narrow path, I would ask if all is done? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; for ye have not come thus far save it were by the word of Christ with unshaken faith in him, relying wholly upon the merits of him who is mighty to save.  Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life."  None of us have a free pass to the Celestial Kingdom.  None of us are guaranteed blessings just because.  None of us can gain access to the grace of Jesus Christ without first doing the necessary work.  The work is hard sometimes.  The work is tedious sometimes.  But, it is always worth it.  I don't know what the next year will bring, but I do know that if I work, and if I am diligent, obedient, and faithful in that work, the Lord will be able to work miracles through me.  I hope to be a worthy instrument in His hands, and a worthy vessel of His love, but I know that will only come if I am diligent in trying to bring those things about myself.  Then, He'll be there to fix the many mistakes I made along the way and make me more than I could ever be on my own.
    I love you all so much!  Have a wonderful day and a great week.  Be good!  Have fun!

Love ya, eh?
Elder Hafen

No comments:

Post a Comment