Monday, March 17, 2014

Week 37 - Chlorine

Hello All!

    I hope you're all doing well this beautiful morning!  It sounds like everything is going well, and I'm so grateful that my family and friends have been so abundantly blessed.
    Things here are just great!  This week we had a fun time with our water supply here.  You see, since the temperature rose so drastically, the snow is all melting up in the Rockies, and the water purification systems can't keep up with all of the run-off.  To compensate, they dumped a whole bunch of chlorine in to purify it.  If you are familiar with my skin, you probably know that I don't like chlorine, at all.  But it's okay!  It's pretty much gone now, and the warmer weather is more than worth it.
    On the much more important side, we had a wonderful visit with Elder Nelson this past Saturday.  He spoke with some of the other brethren, including Elder Maynes of the Presidency of the Seventy, and President and Sister Nicholas also spoke.  It was really wonderful and taught me a lot about what I need to do to be the missionary I am supposed to be.  Mostly, I just need to open my mouth and show my love for the gospel and for all of my brothers and sisters.  I really think that's what's held me and a lot of us back from bringing more people unto Christ.  We're afraid.  But the more we face our fears and conquer them with Christ's help, the more our Father in Heaven will bless us to meet those whom He has prepared.
    Our investigators are doing just swell!  
    Rob is great.  He came on splits with us this past week, and loved it.  We're still just waiting on his divorce to come through.
    We had a great lesson with Darren and his family this past week, and talked about him quite a bit when we were correlating with our ward leaders on Sunday.  We're hoping to meet with him on Wednesday and show our love for him and our desire for him to receive the blessings of the gospel.  Maybe this is finally his time!
    We also had a lesson with Darcy yesterday, which was great!  I was on an exchange with Elder Lusk, the District Leader's companion, because the District Leader, Elder Bluth, and Elder Law weren't feeling well, so we stuck them in our apartment and did some missionary work.  We learned a little more about Darcy; his family in Ontario went less-active when he was about 4 years-old, but he still has quite a bit of knowledge about the church.  He's really looking to "explore his spiritual side" at the moment, and he's very open to what he's learned so far.  He also has a brother, who's another adoptive son of their mother who lives in our ward, who grew up in Calgary and just returned from his mission.  Anyway, we taught him The Restoration, and it went really well.  I'd say the Spirit was definitely helping us, and Darcy accepted the invitation to read and pray about the Book of Mormon, as well as the invitation to be baptized when he gains a testimony!  We also had the YSA missionaries in the lesson to see if Darcy was interested in going to the YSA ward, but he wants to stay in the family ward with his mother's family for now.  So, we still get to teach him and help him towards baptism.  It would have been great either way, but I'm happy we get to be a part of it, especially to see how this can help his mother and her fiancée and children, because they are less-active at the moment, but making great progress!  He's a solid kid, and I can't wait to see his progress!
    I don't have too much time left to email today, but I just wanted to share a scripture that I found this morning as I was studying charity.  It's in Colossians 3:14,"And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness."  That's something I've really been trying to do lately.  I know that no matter what happens to us, charity can keep us close to our Savior and always doing what He would have us do, especially towards our fellow men.  That's what should motivate our actions.  It's what motivates our Father in Heaven's, and it will bring us such great peace in all we do.  I know that is true.
    Good luck with everything you're all up to!  Remember that whatever happens, your Heavenly Father loves you so much.  Be good!  Have fun!

I love you all so much,
Elder Hafen

No comments:

Post a Comment