Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Week 101 - Lasts

Hello All!
    It's been another busy and crazy week in the CCM.  Sadly, with all this busyness, there have been a couple of lasts during this week.  On Wednesday, I attended my last Mission Leadership Council, which was wonderful.  It's been a privilege to serve with President Nicholas and others in that council over the past few months, and I'm grateful for the lessons I've learned from President and others about how the Lord's kingdom is run and how I can help it move forward.  This Sunday was also the last Fast Sunday I'll have in the mission, and it was wonderful.  I'll tell you a bit more about it later.
    Our friends here are doing well.  We got to meet up with Emmanuel again this week, and had a great discussion with him!  He'd actually read the introduction to the Book of Mormon this past week, and really retained a lot of what he learned.  He was really interested in learning more about Mormon and Moroni.  With all of the questions he's had and the things he's learned so far, we're planning on actually starting to put it all together for him next time we meet up by teaching him about the Restoration.  He's a really genuine and honest guy, so I'm hopeful he'll accept our message for what it is and be willing to act on it.
    We've met with a bunch of our less actives this week, though not as many as we would have liked.  However, they're doing really well.  Jake, Adrienne, Kim, as well as another guy named Tom were all at church yesterday!  It was great to see them there, and one of the things that made the meeting so great was Kim.  A lot of people were getting up to bear their testimonies, which was pretty cool to see.  So many, in fact, that we were starting to go a couple minutes over our time.  However, just as the last couple of people were starting to bear their testimonies, Kim shot up and rushed to the front.  She was the last person to share her testimony, and it was so cool!  She hadn't done it for a long time, and was really nervous, but bore a really sweet and genuine testimony of the Savior and how He's been such a rock and a strength in her life, and how she really does know that the church is true.  It was a really touching and gratifying experience.  I'm so glad I've been able to work with her as well as the other wonderful people we're working with.
    That kind of brings me to something I've learned a bit about this week, which is the worth of souls.  That's the topic we've decided on for our Zone Training Meeting this week, and it's been a great opportunity to study more about it.  In D&C 18:10, the Lord teaches, "Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;".  In studying about it, I unintentionally turned to the Book of Jonah in the Old Testament, and I'd encourage you to read it yourself. (I don't have too much time left to tell you the story, and it's super super short.)  One thing the Lord says to Jonah really stood out to me: "And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city,wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand...?" (Jonah 4:11)  I testify that the Lord knows and loves each and every person on the face of the Earth, no matter how many there are.  I know that Heavenly Father is doing all that He can do to help each one of us repent and find eternal life.  I know that that is only possible through Jesus Christ.  I'm also so grateful that He gives us the opportunity to help Him bring souls to repentance and real, lasting happiness.  It's such a blessing to be involved in His work.
    I love you all so much!  Have a wonderful day and a wonderful week.  Be good!  Have fun!
Love,
Elder Hafen

No comments:

Post a Comment