Monday, December 29, 2014

Week 77 - Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas, everyone!
    I hope you are all having a wonderful Christmas-time, and I hope you've all felt the Spirit testify to you the real reason for this season.  It's such a great time of year to be people who know who Jesus Christ is and know that we are members of His church.  I can't wait for Thursday to be able to see my family and celebrate with them.  Because I'm pretty darn excited for that, I'm sorry if this is kind of brief.
    There's not a ton going on right now.  A lot of our work is in the YSA branch, and Christmas break isn't too conducive to teaching lessons.  To add to that, Jady, our Korean friend, flew home last week, but we're hopeful she'll keep going with the church.  It's all good, though.  I know the Lord has people for us to find and teach here.  We just have to find them.
    With the Christmas season here, Elder Macmichael and I did get the chance to hopefully share some Christmas spirit yesterday in church.  We were asked to perform a musical number, and ended up singing "Away in a Manger", which I think has become my favorite Christmas hymn.  I just wanted to share the third verse with you:

"Be near me, Lord Jesus; I ask thee to stay
Close by me forever, and love me, I pray.
Bless all the dear children in thy tender care,
And fit us for heaven to live with thee there."
 
    That is my prayer this Christmas, and I'm grateful for everything the Savior has done to answer it for all of us.  I know that He is real, and that He does love us all so very much.  I hope we all remember Him more and more every day, especially right now as we celebrate His humble birth.
    Thank you for your love and your prayers.  Please please please have a great Christmas!  I love you all so much!

Love,
Elder Hafen

No comments:

Post a Comment