Monday, September 15, 2014

Week 63 - Transfer Insanity

Hello All!
     It's been a bit of a crazy week!  Transfer week always is, but especially this one.  The snow that was coming down on Tuesday kept coming on Wednesday, just worse.  Tree branches were coming down all over the city and traffic was crazy.  Even better, just after we got to the chapel where transfers were being held, the power went out.  Transfer meeting was a pretty dark affair.  Haha ;)  It all worked out well, though, and the new missionaries got a true Canadian welcome!
    There was a lot of change in our zone, with only me and Elder Mac Duff and one other companionship staying the same.  We also have about six new missionaries in the zone, which makes things a lot of fun!  I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone better today, because I think we've got an awesome group of missionaries.
    Things in our area are going well.  Despite the crazy week and lots of running around, we were still able to get some good work done.
    As we were walking around on Saturday, we were blessed with a couple of referrals right out of the blue.  One was for a YSA aged guy who some other missionaries had talked to.  His name is Phil.  He's from Toronto and seems to come from a pretty religious background.  We were hoping to see him at church yesterday, but it turns out he got lost on his way there; he's still new to Calgary.  He should be coming to FHE tonight, though, and we're really looking forward to meeting him.
    We also started teaching a new investigator yesterday.  His name is Jansley, and he's the nine year-old son of a family in our family ward.  They've recently returned to activity, and it's great to be blessed enough to be a part of that.  His dad actually received the Melchizedek Priesthood yesterday, and his parents want him baptized as soon as possible.  We set a date with them for October 11th, and I think everything that's going on right now will just be a start to the many blessings the gospel will bring to this family.
    Audrey is doing really well, and is planning on being baptized on Saturday.  We actually just hit a bit of a snag, though.  She's here doing marketing for some condos and such back in the Philippines, and it turns out she was scheduled to do a presentation next Sunday.  The problem is that it will be her last Sunday here in Canada, and she's supposed to be confirmed in sacrament meeting that day.  I'm sure we'll figure something out, but your prayers would be greatly appreciated.
    I want to share a scripture with you all that another missionary shared with me this week.  It's in the book of Romans, chapter 8, verses 38 and 39. "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate‍ us from the love‍ of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."  Sometimes, things don't make sense.  Sometimes, bad things happen.  Sometimes, we do bad things.  Sometimes, it's hard to feel the love our Heavenly Father has for us.  However, I know it's there.  We are His children and He wants so much for us!  I love my Father in Heaven so much, and I only hope I can show Him that love as much as He's shown me His.
    I love you all so much, and I hope you have a great week!  I'm so grateful for the many incredible blessings you bring into my life.  Be good!  Have fun!
 
With lots of love,
Elder Hafen

No comments:

Post a Comment