Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Week 62 - S as in SNOW

Hello All!
 
    Another great week in the CCM!  It sounds like it's been a great week back at home, too!  Thank you everyone who sent me news and pictures and everything else about what's going on with the people I love all around the world.  It's strange to see the change and everything else that's going on, but it's also awesome.  A lot has happened in the last 14 months, and I want to congratulate everyone for the things they've done.  I have been so blessed with awesome people in my life who I can look to for support and encouragement, and especially good examples.  I love you guys a lot!
    It snowed yesterday.  In case you weren't aware, it's September.  Welcome to Alberta.  Haha, it's actually not that bad.  It's supposed to be back to nice and sunny weather in the next few days, and it's a nice preparation for this coming winter; Wearing wool socks again brings back some good memories.  I can't believe summer is over already, and how fast time goes by.  The next 10 months are going to be awesome!
     
 Our area is doing well.  Audrey is planning on being baptized on the 20th still, and then will head back to the Philippines soon after.  We taught her some more commandments this week, and she was more that willing to keep them.  Her faith is pretty amazing!  Josie is progressing really well, and she and Clayton were at church and seemed to have a really good time on Sunday.  We'll hopefully be able to see them married soon and then her baptized.  It's transfers this week, but neither Elder Mac Duff or myself are moving, so we'll be able to tear it up for another transfer together!  We're still trying to find more of the people who the Lord has prepared for us here, especially those who are between the ages of 18 and 30, and I know they're there!
    I realize I had a lot of cool experiences this week that I could share with you.  There was something I learned from a few different experiences and people though, that I'd like to share.  It kind of starts with my favorite scripture, Alma 26:35-37.  In verse 37, Ammon says something I really love.  He says,"we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving;
I've definitely seen that in my own life, and many people have shared with me how they've seen that in their lives.  I know that God truly is aware of us, and helps us, in even the smallest and most seemingly inconsequential things.  He answers our prayers and gives us blessings, even when the thing we ask for doesn't seem that important.  Are we the same?  I've realized that there are quite a few things that God has asked me to do that I'm not doing the best job on.  They may not be big things, but that doesn't matter!  Our Heavenly Father does everything for us, and I know I can do more for him.  The Savior taught us, "If ye love me, keep my commandments." I really want to show my Savior and my Father in Heaven the love I have for them.  I just need to be better about actually doing it.
    I hope you all have a fantastic week!  I love you all so much.  Be good!  Have fun!
 
Love ya!
Elder Hafen

No comments:

Post a Comment