Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Week 45 - MOM

Hello All!
    I hope you've all had a wonderful week, and I especially hope that all you missionaries and missionary families had a wonderful Mother's Day.  I can't even begin to describe how much it means to see my family and hear their voices!  Even though it's hard to say goodbye at the end of a not-very-long Skype call, it's such a motivator to go back out and try to share the same happiness that you just experienced with others who don't have the gospel to bless their families and bring them closer together than anything else possibly could!  We are so blessed!
    I am so blessed right now to be able to share this gospel and all the blessings it brings right now, and I hope the Lord will bless and guide me and Elder Bensing as we continue to strive to do that.
    We were blessed this week to see Tehtloach (been spelling it wrong the whole time) and his little sister, Nyamal, baptized on Saturday.  It was a really great service with a lot of support from the ward.  President Nicholas even showed up a few minutes before it started, which made Elder Bensing just a little nervous since he was performing his first baptism in English. :)  The Spirit was definitely there.
    We also met with Sesilia (the actual spelling) and her family this week, which was great.  They are a really humble, teachable family.  We met with them with some members of the ward, including Tethloach's family, and taught them the first lesson.  They agreed to come to church, and to read and pray about the Book of Mormon, and to be baptized when they know it's true!  We'll be meeting with them again today, and I really think they could be baptized in the next few weeks.
    Other than that, we really weren't able to meet with our investigators too much this week.  Our lesson with Rick and Cindy fell through again, the H's have a had a busy week, etc.  Drey did come to the youth activity on Wednesday, and we should be meeting with him...and his family tonight!  It seems like they're somewhat interested, and we'll hope to see more tonight. *fingers crossed*
    This week I was on mormon.org for a bit, and saw a new video the church had put out for Mother's Day.  It's pretty great, but I was also reading the article and quotes that went along with it.  It was all really good, and I would recommend checking it out, (http://motherhood.mormon.org) but I want to share one of the quotes it gives especially.  It's actually from Abraham Lincoln, and I bet a lot of you have heard it before, but he said,"All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother."  I wish I could steal that quote from Honest Abe, because it is one of the truest things I could ever say!  My mother means so much to me, and has done so much for me, I can't even comprehend it or understand it.  She has loved me despite my pretty much almost killing her when I was born and my many mistakes and mishaps.  She has been such a strength to me, especially as I've been here, and she always will be.  She has given me an incredible example both of who I want for the mother of my children, and who I want to be myself.  I love her so much, and I want the world to know that I am a Momma's Boy!  I hope we can all better give thanks and express love for our mothers, because they are truly one of the greatest blessings our Heavenly Father could give us!
    Have a great week, my wonderful friends and family.  I love you all so much, and I'm so grateful for all of you too.  Live the gospel, it will make you happy!  Be good!  Have fun!

Love ya!
Elder Hafen

No comments:

Post a Comment