Monday, November 17, 2014

Week 72 - Just a Little Cold

Hello All!
     First off, Good luck Flyers!  I know you can take state again!  Also, congratulations to the cast of Tarzan.  I've heard nothing but good about the show, and I'm sure you all did a fantastic job!  Time is sure flying fast, but I'm glad it's bringing more and more good things.
    Things are great here, just a little cold.  Today it's actually not even bad.  It's warmed up to -2 Celsius, which is a lot better than -18.  It's beautiful, though.  The great thing about Calgary is that even though it's freezing and there's snow and ice everywhere, it's still sunny with a gorgeous blue sky.  I love it!
    I'll warn you in advance that this'll be kind of short, and that's partly because of all the great emails I got today.  Thank you everyone!  It means a lot to know that people actually remember me. ;)
    Another reason this will be kind of short is that we are no longer teaching two of our investigators.  We had a lesson with Ishan yesterday, and he really doesn't have a desire to know if this really is the one true church.  We dropped him on good terms, though, and I think we'll still see him out to activities and such.  We were also supposed to have a lesson with Crystal this week, but that didn't happen, and then we got in touch with her yesterday only  to find out that she wasn't really interested anymore.  The Law of Chastity isn't a problem for some other churches, so she's decided to go an easier route.  Pretty disappointing, but it's all good.  Even though we have to bear disappointments and challenges in missionary work and life, I've really come to know here that the Lord will always provide for our needs and for what He needs to accomplish his work.
    It's not all gloom and rain clouds, though, because we've still got Lana!  She's progressing marvelously well, and is still planning on being baptized on the 29th.  We met with her a couple times this week, and she accepted the Law of Chastity, the Law of Tithing, and the Word of Wisdom no problem.  She does drink coffee, but she knows it's bad for you, and I don't think she really wants to be drinking it anyway.  She's truly awesome.
    I think that the Lord is teaching me the importance of being bold and unapologetic about the truth lately.  The Atonement of Jesus Christ has the power to redeem all men from our sinful and filthy state, and the gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way for us to access that power.  It's the only way!  How grateful I am for that!  As it says in Romans. "For I am not ashamed‍ of the gospel‍ of Christ: for it is the power‍ of God unto salvation"!
    I love you all, and I hope you all have a fantastic week!  Remember who you are!  Be good!  Have fun!
 Love,
Elder Hafen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Conner. I read your blog faithfully every week. Afterwards, I go wrap myself in a blanket and drink hot chocolate. Thanks for sharing your testimony and experiences with us at home. You are an excellent young man and Elder. God Bless. Kris Lewis

    ReplyDelete