Monday, August 18, 2014

Week 59 - I Love To See the Temple

Hello All!
     I hope you've all had a great week with lots of exciting happenings!  First off, I'd just like to wish my incredible parents a Happy Anniversary!  32 years ago, two of the best people in the world were sealed together for time and all eternity in the St. George temple, and they've been blessing lives ever since.  Thank you, Mom and Dad, for the family that you've built and the wonderful people you are and always will be.  I love you both so much!
    It's been a good week with lots going on; sometimes it's hard to believe that so many different things can happen in 7 short days, especially when those days go by so fast!
   
On Tuesday, we had the privilege of attending the temple as part of our zone conference.  I truly know that that is the House of God, and the experiences I have in the temple are unlike anything I could ever feel or learn anywhere else, except maybe my home.  I'm so grateful that our Father in Heaven has blessed us with a knowledge of temple, and has given us the ability to receive all the blessings that sacred place has to offer. 
   
The rest of the week was good, with lots of walking and lots of talking.  It's been cool to see the growth that comes with trying to get out of your comfort zone, and the opportunities the Lord gives you when you do.  This week as a mission, we found more investigators than I've ever seen us find.  Miracles abound!
    Maurisio is doing really well, and his baptism is all set for this coming Saturday!  It's been great to see his rapid progress as he's acted in humility and faith, with a desire to follow the Savior.  We had a great lesson with him on Saturday, and though he still has a lot of knowledge and experience to gain, he's more than willing to do it.  We don't really have too many other people we're working with right now, but I want to share an experience we had after that lesson with Maurisio. 
   
We had a few people to go by, so as we walked from place to place we tried to talk to the people we saw.  We were walking down one street, and there was a couple sitting outside their home.  Elder Mac Duff tried to begin talking to them, and the man turned his head toward us, and said two words that made it very evident he wanted nothing to do with us.  We kept going and, frankly, experience a lot of opposition that day.  Several of the doors we knocked on weren't the kindest in rejecting us.  We probably had more people yelling at us from their cars than we've had the whole transfer before. etc.  I don't tell you these things to complain.  I would gladly face all of that and more for the Savior, and I only hope I faced it and will face it well.  When we got back to our apartment for dinner, I opened up the Book of Mormon, and kept reading from where I was.  ( I was really hoping to find comfort.)  I was in 2 Nephi 27, and right off the bat it said, "And all the nations that fight against Zion, and that distress her, shall be as a dream of a night vision; yea, it shall be unto them, even as unto a hungry man which dreameth, and behold he eateth but he awaketh and his soul is empty; or like unto a thirsty man which dreameth, and behold he drinketh but he awaketh and behold he is faint, and his soul hath appetite; yea, even so shall the multitude of all the nations be that fight against Mount Zion." (2 Nephi 27:3)  We met a lot of people that day who the devil had deceived.  I know I'm not free of sin or pride, but at least we know the truth.  I don't understand everything, and I can't answer the questions the world has, but I know who I am, and I know that only through the gospel of Jesus Christ can we return to our Father who loves us all so much.  I only hope that people's hearts will be softened enough that they'll at least try to find that truth for themselves.
    I hope you all have a wonderful week!  Thank you for your examples, for your prayers, and for everything else.  Be good!  Have fun!
 
I love you lots!
Elder Hafen

No comments:

Post a Comment