Monday, February 24, 2014

Week 34 - We Are the Champions!

Hello All!

    How are all you wonderful people?!  It sounds like things are just great at the moment, and I hope they continue to be that way.  It sure was for the Canadian hockey team!  (I just decided I can be excited for all American and Canadian medals for these Olympics.) Congratulations to all of my friends who are receiving their mission calls and everything else.  I'm so excited for you!  You're all going to be great servants of the Lord.
    As I'm sure you could tell from last week, though, missions are sometimes kinda hard (surprise surprise), but they're also great!  I'm sorry if I was a downer last week, but this week has been fantastic, and the Lord is truly guiding and blessing us in His work.  
    As for the reasons missionary work is so great:
    Rob continues to do wonderfully.  He's working toward his baptismal date, and is so committed and converted already!  On Sunday, his fiancée, who has been less active for a long time, was hoping they weren't going to come to church because she wasn't feeling too hot, and it was the Daytona 500 that day.  Apparently, Rob hasn't missed it since about 1982.  But, that wasn't Rob's plan.  He recorded the race, and made sure they were at church just fine.  And quite a bit earlier than the rest of the ward, I might add. *cough* Mormon Standard Time.
    Sadly, Sam wasn't in church yesterday, and neither were Ben and Beth.  Our lesson with them this week also fell through, which was a bit of a bummer, but we'll keep trying.  I just want to use this situation as a perfect illustration of what Satan will do to all of us in our lives.  We're all going to have times when Satan just pounds on us mercilessly, and it's up to us to make sure we can withstand it!  I'm not saying that I'm overly worried about Ben, Beth, and Sam, but it is something we'll all have to go through.  
    Something really exciting...we found a new investigator yesterday!  His name is Darcy, and he's the son of a less active member of the ward.  He's actually just started living with her and her family, because she put him up for adoption when he was born, and he was raised out in Ontario, with an LDS family, actually, but one that also went less active.  He's a great kid, though, and is trying to explore his spiritual side right now.  He's actually just about a month younger than me, so we may be passing him off to the YSA elders, but that is just fine!  It's great to see that the our Heavenly Father is preparing His children wherever you are.
    This week, I just wanted to share my testimony of Joseph Smith.  On Saturday, we had a lesson with Rob, and taught him about the Prophet Joseph.  We watched the Joseph Smith movie with him, and the Spirit was so strong!  Joseph Smith was a prophet.  He saw our Father in Heaven and His son Jesus Christ.  He restored the Church of Jesus Christ, and I love him so much for that and the incredible man he was.  It's simple as that.
    Well, my wonderful friends and family, you're the best.  Thank you all so much for your support and love and encouragement.  I don't know what I'd do without you all.  Have a great week!  Be good!  Have fun!

I love you all so much,
Elder Hafen
   

No comments:

Post a Comment